Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing IIS After installing SQL server 2005 and visual studio 2005 help requested!

Hi all, Im new here so il start with a little introduction of myself, My name is Arjan im 19 years old from Holland, and i work for a company to compleet my ICT Education.

My situation:

My boss gave me a server with server 2003 standard and Sql server 2005 and visual studio 2005 installed already, he asked me if i could figure out how the 'new' reporting services work, Im pretty new to SQL and the reporting service but i figured out i had to install asp.net / frameworks and IIS.

So right now i wanna start the Reporting Services Configuration Manager and i get an error that says 'Invalid namespace' and when im trying to approach by using my browser i get 'page not found' so obviously their is Alot wrong. I asked my boss if i could not reinstall everything and do it in the correct order (IIS / ASP.net / Frameworks before installing SQL server 2k5 but that was not an option because we dont seem to have the cd's anymore.

The server is not connected to any network or the internet.

My Question:

Is their any way to fix this? and if yes could anyone tell me where to start

Thanks in Advance!

ps if their is information or logs that u need in order to help me just say so :-)

-Arjan

You are getting "Invalid namespace", check if you have installed SSRS properly or not. Check in the installation folders if you have all the folders (Log files, Report manager, report server, RSTempfiles). Also, for the config files.

You cannot report manager for sure since your SSRS is not configured properly. If you find nothing else, i guess you will have to reinstall SSRS.

To check for IIS, see if you are able to open the IIS Manager or not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment