Friday, March 30, 2012

Installing MSDE SQL 2000 SP4

I was working on a install for MSDE SQL SERVER 2000 when I noticed that there
was a more recent version available. I have not yet installed and wanted to
kow if the Service Pack 4 for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - Desktop Engine
(MSDE 2000) included the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - Database Engine
Components and the Service Pack 4 for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - Analysis
Services Components in it's install or do I have to install them after I set
up the engine for the first time. Let me re-iterate that I am not upgrading
an instance rather I am trying to install an instance with the SP4 updates,
hoping that I get all of the tools that I can in one shot.
ANDREA,
Thank you for your answer. I have another question. I am sending these
files across a network and trying to automate the installation. I know how
to automate the MSDE install after I have extracted the files from the
SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE, but is there a way to use command
lines to extract silently or maybe even feed it a path to extract to? That
way I only have to worry about one file?
ANdrew
"Andrea Montanari" wrote:

> hi,
> Thunda wrote:
> you can directly go with the sp4 version... it can both install fresh sp
> level MSDE instances as long as upgrade existing pre-sp4 instances..
> --
> Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
> http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org
> DbaMgr2k ver 0.20.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.64.0 and further SQL Tools
> -- remove DMO to reply
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment