Monday, March 19, 2012

installation problem-SQL server 2005 Express Edition

While installing SQL server 2005 Express edition following message is encountered every time I have tried. My system(PC) meets all the pre-requisites.

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup

setup.exe - Unable to Locate Component.

"This application has failed to start because XOLEHLP.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Failed to load SqlSpars.dll


I had tried to install lot of time. Also I had followed all the steps to manually uninstall the software. And again tried to install it.
Still I am getting same error message.

Am I installing correct installatoin file?

or something else is required to be installed/configured as pre-requisites.

Hi Vikash,

Did you ever get this fixed? I am now having the same problem with katmai.

What OS were you installing on? I am on Windows Server 2003, running on Virtual PC.

Thanks

Jamie

|||

Hi Jamie,

I have got a fix. I had installed another file.

Filename was "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced Services SP2" and its size is 256MB.

I was using windows XP SE.

Thanks

vikash

No comments:

Post a Comment