Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing MS SQL Server 2005 Developer

I've done this before but it's been sometime. When I finish installing the MS SQL Server 2005 Developer edition, all I see under the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 folder in the All Programs is Configuration Tools with the following shortcuts:

Notification Services Command Prompt
SQL Server Configuration Manager
SQL Server Error and Usage Reporting
SQL Server Surface Area Configuration

The are a whole bunch of other programs inside the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 folder that are missing. How do I add those services or program such as the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio?

Does anyone have any idea? Please help if anyone does have some suggestion. Your help is much appreciated.|||

mychucky:

Does anyone have any idea? Please help if anyone does have some suggestion. Your help is much appreciated.

Two questions did you choose all components when it was time to choose components and did you copy all the content of the CD/DVD to your hard drive before installing? If yes then you may want to use the configurations from the link below to configure, if no then copy the content to your hard drive rerun setup and choose repair because the developer edition comes with two Management Studios. Hope this helps.

http://myvstsblog.com/archive/2005/10/31/56.aspx

|||Thank you so much for the response. Yes, you're a right. I copied the contents to the hard drive of the computer and installed it that way. The link asked to click on the "Surface Area Configuration and Connections" but how do I get back to this step so that I can click on the link stated in the link you gave me?|||

mychucky:

Thank you so much for the response. Yes, you're a right. I copied the contents to the hard drive of the computer and installed it that way. The link asked to click on the "Surface Area Configuration and Connections" but how do I get back to this step so that I can click on the link stated in the link you gave me?

Sorry my connection is going crazy but I found you all you need to configure it because it controls how you connect with your applications. Here is a configration by an advanced user and the others are by Microsoft so just read the Microsoft list and use the visual guide. You should see it in your drop down under SQL Server in programs or look in the tools sub folder in Microsoft SQL Server folder. Hope this helps.

http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/3496511


http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173748.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms183753.aspx

|||Thanks so much for the info.|||

mychucky:

Thanks so much for the info.

I am glad I could help.

|||

Caddre:

did you copy all the content of the CD/DVD to your hard drive before installing?



I thought I was going mad. I had the same issue after reinstalling MSSQL Server 2005 Developer dozen times.

(and I also installed before MSSQL2005Dev)

Only after I copied the content of DVD to hard disk, I succeded

Well, it does not seem to b well documented installation feature! or I missed something?

No comments:

Post a Comment