Friday, March 30, 2012

Installing MSDE??

Ok I installed the MSDE and after following the steps the last message box says to go to the control panel and install and configure the components.

I'm not sure what to do once I'm in the control panel.

Thank you.Somewhere along the way did you try to install MSDE but were unsuccessful? What is the exact wording of the message you are receiving?

Terri|||I am also having a problem with the installation of MSDE. About 2/3's the way through the installation the process froze. I cannot uninstall or re-install. The message I am receiving is that the installation was tampered with and needs to be uninstalled and re-installed. When I go to My Computer, Install/Uninstall Software, SQL Server is not listed.

Any suggestions?|||Well, searching the SQL Server and MSDE Forum here for posts from others who have experienced the same thing is a good start. And then starting a new thread with your own particular situation with the exact error messages would be the next step.

Terri|||i have the same probleme.
in my case it was an error of directory\subdirectory

c:\sql2ksp3\MSDE>

don't forget the MSDE subdirectory !! ;)

then type the command : setup SAPWD=xxxx SecurityMode=SQL

i hope it can help you.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment