Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing MS SQL Server Engine

Hi everybody.
I was trying to install MS SQL Server Engine this morning. At the command prompt I typed setup SAPWD=password SECURITYMODE=SQL (where password was my password). After running the MSI I got the following error:

Product: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine -- Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and setup error logs for more information.
The Event ID is 1013.
Can anybody tell me how to install this program. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try turning on the verbose logging (with the/L*v switch) when installing to see more information about the error you are receiving:
> setup.exeSAPWD=password SECURITYMODE=SQL /L*v C:\MSDE_setup.log

For reference, here are the installation instructions for MSDE:Installing Desktop Engine.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment