Friday, March 30, 2012

Installing MSDE 2000

I'm trying to install SQL2000 Desktop for Visual Studio.Net. Fromcmd prompt
I'm running:
Setup.exe /qb+ INSTANCENAME=VSDOTNET DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=1 SAPWD=password
Nothing happens then I get a popup saying: "Please go to the control panel
to install and configure system components".
How intuitive!! Does this mean MDAC upgrade or what? Anyone know what this
message implies?
TX
Don't know if it has anything to do with it but can you firstly try..
Setup.exe SAPWD="password"
--Original Message--
From: CW [mailto:CW@.discussions.microsoft.com]
Posted At: Tuesday, 18 January 2005 7:55 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde
Conversation: Installing MSDE 2000
Subject: Installing MSDE 2000
I'm trying to install SQL2000 Desktop for Visual Studio.Net. Fromcmd
prompt I'm running:
Setup.exe /qb+ INSTANCENAME=VSDOTNET DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=1
SAPWD=password
Nothing happens then I get a popup saying: "Please go to the control
panel to install and configure system components".
How intuitive!! Does this mean MDAC upgrade or what? Anyone know what
this message implies?
TX

No comments:

Post a Comment