Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing MSDE

I have almost finished developing an application that uses MSDE. I want to
now deploy MSDE with my app. I have the original SQL Server 2000 CD that
contains the MSDE setup files.
I understand that there has been a major upgrade to MSDE 2000 and that I
should use some sevice pack files to install MSDE. Do I download this
service pack (sql2desk.exe?), extract the files in there and copy them over
the original files? Or do I need to install using the original CD and then
upgrade the installation with the service pack stuff?
TIA,
Paul
hi Paul,
"Paul McTeigue" <paul_mcteigue@.msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:ePVutaLIEHA.348@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I have almost finished developing an application that uses MSDE. I want to
> now deploy MSDE with my app. I have the original SQL Server 2000 CD that
> contains the MSDE setup files.
> I understand that there has been a major upgrade to MSDE 2000 and that I
> should use some sevice pack files to install MSDE. Do I download this
> service pack (sql2desk.exe?), extract the files in there and copy them
over
> the original files? Or do I need to install using the original CD and then
> upgrade the installation with the service pack stuff?
you only have to use and deploy the content of the new sql2desk.exe, updated
at service pack 3a level..
hth
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.7.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.53.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment