Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation error 1603

Hi,
I have been using the trial version of reporting services and am now trying
to install the standard version. I removed the Reporting Services databases
from SQL and deleted the reporting services folder in the SQL folder.
When I try to install I receive the following Setup Error:
SetDialogs Error Code: 1603
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Neal...Did you run uninstall first on the trial version? If so then we would need
to see the setup logs to try and diagnose the problem.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Neal" <neal@.hastingspark.com> wrote in message
news:#ioKFpFjEHA.3896@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have been using the trial version of reporting services and am now
trying
> to install the standard version. I removed the Reporting Services
databases
> from SQL and deleted the reporting services folder in the SQL folder.
> When I try to install I receive the following Setup Error:
> SetDialogs Error Code: 1603
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> Cheers, Neal...
>|||Hi Daniel,
Yes, I did run the uninstall on the trial version. I did have a caution when
trying to install that Visual Studio was not installed. I did have VS .Net
2002 installed so I uninstalled it and installed VS .Net 2003.
I have now installed RS and it installed with out errors but I have a new
problem. When I open the Report Manager page I receive this error:
The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database...
Login failed for user 'srvr-sql2\aspnet'.
Do you know how I can fix this?
Thanks for your help...
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" <danreib@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ulr%235dsjEHA.2812@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Did you run uninstall first on the trial version? If so then we would
need
> to see the setup logs to try and diagnose the problem.
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
> "Neal" <neal@.hastingspark.com> wrote in message
> news:#ioKFpFjEHA.3896@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been using the trial version of reporting services and am now
> trying
> > to install the standard version. I removed the Reporting Services
> databases
> > from SQL and deleted the reporting services folder in the SQL folder.
> >
> > When I try to install I receive the following Setup Error:
> > SetDialogs Error Code: 1603
> >
> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers, Neal...
> >
> >
>|||You can run rsconfig to set the credentials that rs uses to talk to it's
database.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Neal" <neal@.hastingspark.com> wrote in message
news:uOms$m4jEHA.1652@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi Daniel,
> Yes, I did run the uninstall on the trial version. I did have a caution
when
> trying to install that Visual Studio was not installed. I did have VS .Net
> 2002 installed so I uninstalled it and installed VS .Net 2003.
> I have now installed RS and it installed with out errors but I have a new
> problem. When I open the Report Manager page I receive this error:
> The report server cannot open a connection to the report server
database...
> Login failed for user 'srvr-sql2\aspnet'.
> Do you know how I can fix this?
> Thanks for your help...
> "Daniel Reib [MSFT]" <danreib@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ulr%235dsjEHA.2812@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Did you run uninstall first on the trial version? If so then we would
> need
> > to see the setup logs to try and diagnose the problem.
> >
> > --
> > -Daniel
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> >
> >
> > "Neal" <neal@.hastingspark.com> wrote in message
> > news:#ioKFpFjEHA.3896@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have been using the trial version of reporting services and am now
> > trying
> > > to install the standard version. I removed the Reporting Services
> > databases
> > > from SQL and deleted the reporting services folder in the SQL folder.
> > >
> > > When I try to install I receive the following Setup Error:
> > > SetDialogs Error Code: 1603
> > >
> > > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Cheers, Neal...
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>|||Thanks Daniel, that worked.
Cheers...
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" <danreib@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:uJ2TGO6jEHA.704@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> You can run rsconfig to set the credentials that rs uses to talk to it's
> database.
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
> "Neal" <neal@.hastingspark.com> wrote in message
> news:uOms$m4jEHA.1652@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Daniel,
> > Yes, I did run the uninstall on the trial version. I did have a caution
> when
> > trying to install that Visual Studio was not installed. I did have VS
.Net
> > 2002 installed so I uninstalled it and installed VS .Net 2003.
> > I have now installed RS and it installed with out errors but I have a
new
> > problem. When I open the Report Manager page I receive this error:
> > The report server cannot open a connection to the report server
> database...
> > Login failed for user 'srvr-sql2\aspnet'.
> > Do you know how I can fix this?
> > Thanks for your help...
> >
> > "Daniel Reib [MSFT]" <danreib@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:ulr%235dsjEHA.2812@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Did you run uninstall first on the trial version? If so then we would
> > need
> > > to see the setup logs to try and diagnose the problem.
> > >
> > > --
> > > -Daniel
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> > rights.
> > >
> > >
> > > "Neal" <neal@.hastingspark.com> wrote in message
> > > news:#ioKFpFjEHA.3896@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > I have been using the trial version of reporting services and am now
> > > trying
> > > > to install the standard version. I removed the Reporting Services
> > > databases
> > > > from SQL and deleted the reporting services folder in the SQL
folder.
> > > >
> > > > When I try to install I receive the following Setup Error:
> > > > SetDialogs Error Code: 1603
> > > >
> > > > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> > > >
> > > > Cheers, Neal...
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment