Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation Error

I got the following message at the end of my install
"Setup could not initialize the report server. you must manually initialize
the report server befoer using it for the first time. For more information,
see the Reporting Service setup documentation"
In RSMSIxx.log file i found the following entry
Doing Action: Do_Activate_ReportService
<Func Name='Do_Activate_ReportService'>
<Func Name='CreateProccessAndWait'>
Error reported by child process:
Failure starting the web service:
The Report Server Web service has not generated a public key. The service
may not have started successfully. Check the log files for more information.
I tried the solutinos given in documentation nothing worked. I had a beta
version first installed on my box. I did uninstall and installed the release.
Since then i am not able to run reporting services on my box.
I tried applying sp1 but the error still remains
Every time i go to localmachine/reports it gives 401:Access denied message
I am able to access localmachine/reportserver without a problem.
I tried removing the default virtual directoreis created by install and
recreated it again. now if i go to localmachine/reports it gives The request
failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found
I also tried RsKeyMgmt.exe -d
I have tried uninstalling and reinistalling many times.
Any suggessions?Is your server configurated for comunication via SSL ? This error message
shows that you have maybe problem with this.
Jirka
"vRam" wrote:
> I got the following message at the end of my install
> "Setup could not initialize the report server. you must manually initialize
> the report server befoer using it for the first time. For more information,
> see the Reporting Service setup documentation"
> In RSMSIxx.log file i found the following entry
> Doing Action: Do_Activate_ReportService
> <Func Name='Do_Activate_ReportService'>
> <Func Name='CreateProccessAndWait'>
> Error reported by child process:
> Failure starting the web service:
> The Report Server Web service has not generated a public key. The service
> may not have started successfully. Check the log files for more information.
> I tried the solutinos given in documentation nothing worked. I had a beta
> version first installed on my box. I did uninstall and installed the release.
> Since then i am not able to run reporting services on my box.
> I tried applying sp1 but the error still remains
> Every time i go to localmachine/reports it gives 401:Access denied message
> I am able to access localmachine/reportserver without a problem.
> I tried removing the default virtual directoreis created by install and
> recreated it again. now if i go to localmachine/reports it gives The request
> failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found
> I also tried RsKeyMgmt.exe -d
> I have tried uninstalling and reinistalling many times.
> Any suggessions?|||My machineis not configured for SSL. An i unchecked SSL checkbox while
installing
"Jirka" wrote:
> Is your server configurated for comunication via SSL ? This error message
> shows that you have maybe problem with this.
> Jirka
> "vRam" wrote:
> > I got the following message at the end of my install
> >
> > "Setup could not initialize the report server. you must manually initialize
> > the report server befoer using it for the first time. For more information,
> > see the Reporting Service setup documentation"
> >
> > In RSMSIxx.log file i found the following entry
> >
> > Doing Action: Do_Activate_ReportService
> > <Func Name='Do_Activate_ReportService'>
> > <Func Name='CreateProccessAndWait'>
> > Error reported by child process:
> > Failure starting the web service:
> > The Report Server Web service has not generated a public key. The service
> > may not have started successfully. Check the log files for more information.
> >
> > I tried the solutinos given in documentation nothing worked. I had a beta
> > version first installed on my box. I did uninstall and installed the release.
> > Since then i am not able to run reporting services on my box.
> >
> > I tried applying sp1 but the error still remains
> > Every time i go to localmachine/reports it gives 401:Access denied message
> > I am able to access localmachine/reportserver without a problem.
> >
> > I tried removing the default virtual directoreis created by install and
> > recreated it again. now if i go to localmachine/reports it gives The request
> > failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found
> >
> > I also tried RsKeyMgmt.exe -d
> >
> > I have tried uninstalling and reinistalling many times.
> >
> > Any suggessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment