Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation error: Database 'ReportServer' does not exist.

I am banging my head against the wall, and appreciate any help you can
offer. I am installing Reporting Services on a Windows 2003 server with SQL
Server 2000 SP4, MDAC 2.8, IIS 6.0 with ASP enabled, .NET Framework.
I get the following error during the installation process:
"SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server configuration. The error
was: Database 'ReportServer' does not exist. Check sysdatabases.
Refer to the Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error information."
After clicking "OK", I see a general error message with the following at the
bottom:
"Error Code: 1603"
I read the MS article on 1603 error resolution, and think i have everything
in place, but still I get the error.
HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance.This usually means that there is no default folder location for new
database. Check to see if your SQL server has a default location set if not
set it and try again.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"hugh" <hugh@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:55CC2AA1-AE87-46B2-8E2A-6318CF024CDA@.microsoft.com...
> I am banging my head against the wall, and appreciate any help you can
> offer. I am installing Reporting Services on a Windows 2003 server with
> SQL
> Server 2000 SP4, MDAC 2.8, IIS 6.0 with ASP enabled, .NET Framework.
> I get the following error during the installation process:
> "SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server configuration. The
> error
> was: Database 'ReportServer' does not exist. Check sysdatabases.
> Refer to the Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error
> information."
> After clicking "OK", I see a general error message with the following at
> the
> bottom:
> "Error Code: 1603"
> I read the MS article on 1603 error resolution, and think i have
> everything
> in place, but still I get the error.
> HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance.|||You were right, but that didn't seem to fix the problem. I added the default
locations, restarted the SQL service, and tried again receiving the same
error.
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> This usually means that there is no default folder location for new
> database. Check to see if your SQL server has a default location set if not
> set it and try again.
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "hugh" <hugh@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:55CC2AA1-AE87-46B2-8E2A-6318CF024CDA@.microsoft.com...
> >
> > I am banging my head against the wall, and appreciate any help you can
> > offer. I am installing Reporting Services on a Windows 2003 server with
> > SQL
> > Server 2000 SP4, MDAC 2.8, IIS 6.0 with ASP enabled, .NET Framework.
> >
> > I get the following error during the installation process:
> > "SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server configuration. The
> > error
> > was: Database 'ReportServer' does not exist. Check sysdatabases.
> > Refer to the Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error
> > information."
> >
> > After clicking "OK", I see a general error message with the following at
> > the
> > bottom:
> > "Error Code: 1603"
> >
> > I read the MS article on 1603 error resolution, and think i have
> > everything
> > in place, but still I get the error.
> >
> > HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance.
>
>|||If you look in the setup log files it may give you a clue. The log files
are at %temp% and called rsmsi#.log. Search for the error text and
somewhere above that in the logs should be the call to create the database.
See if there is an error in there that better describes the issue.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"hugh" <hugh@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F448F76D-7F06-4AFA-9717-F8EF5AAD17A7@.microsoft.com...
> You were right, but that didn't seem to fix the problem. I added the
> default
> locations, restarted the SQL service, and tried again receiving the same
> error.
> "Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
>> This usually means that there is no default folder location for new
>> database. Check to see if your SQL server has a default location set if
>> not
>> set it and try again.
>> --
>> -Daniel
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "hugh" <hugh@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:55CC2AA1-AE87-46B2-8E2A-6318CF024CDA@.microsoft.com...
>> >
>> > I am banging my head against the wall, and appreciate any help you can
>> > offer. I am installing Reporting Services on a Windows 2003 server
>> > with
>> > SQL
>> > Server 2000 SP4, MDAC 2.8, IIS 6.0 with ASP enabled, .NET Framework.
>> >
>> > I get the following error during the installation process:
>> > "SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server configuration. The
>> > error
>> > was: Database 'ReportServer' does not exist. Check sysdatabases.
>> > Refer to the Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error
>> > information."
>> >
>> > After clicking "OK", I see a general error message with the following
>> > at
>> > the
>> > bottom:
>> > "Error Code: 1603"
>> >
>> > I read the MS article on 1603 error resolution, and think i have
>> > everything
>> > in place, but still I get the error.
>> >
>> > HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance.
>>|||Thanks for the tip. I figured it out. It was a very obscure problem. I had
a user defined function in my model database because we use it in all our
databases. Apparently it relied on the default collation for the SQL Server
and that was in conflict with the collation that the reporting services
databases was trying to use.
Thanks again.
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> If you look in the setup log files it may give you a clue. The log files
> are at %temp% and called rsmsi#.log. Search for the error text and
> somewhere above that in the logs should be the call to create the database.
> See if there is an error in there that better describes the issue.
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "hugh" <hugh@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F448F76D-7F06-4AFA-9717-F8EF5AAD17A7@.microsoft.com...
> > You were right, but that didn't seem to fix the problem. I added the
> > default
> > locations, restarted the SQL service, and tried again receiving the same
> > error.
> >
> > "Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> This usually means that there is no default folder location for new
> >> database. Check to see if your SQL server has a default location set if
> >> not
> >> set it and try again.
> >>
> >> --
> >> -Daniel
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> >> rights.
> >>
> >>
> >> "hugh" <hugh@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:55CC2AA1-AE87-46B2-8E2A-6318CF024CDA@.microsoft.com...
> >> >
> >> > I am banging my head against the wall, and appreciate any help you can
> >> > offer. I am installing Reporting Services on a Windows 2003 server
> >> > with
> >> > SQL
> >> > Server 2000 SP4, MDAC 2.8, IIS 6.0 with ASP enabled, .NET Framework.
> >> >
> >> > I get the following error during the installation process:
> >> > "SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server configuration. The
> >> > error
> >> > was: Database 'ReportServer' does not exist. Check sysdatabases.
> >> > Refer to the Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error
> >> > information."
> >> >
> >> > After clicking "OK", I see a general error message with the following
> >> > at
> >> > the
> >> > bottom:
> >> > "Error Code: 1603"
> >> >
> >> > I read the MS article on 1603 error resolution, and think i have
> >> > everything
> >> > in place, but still I get the error.
> >> >
> >> > HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment