Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation error in SQL Server Evaluation Edition

I downloaded the SQL Server Evaluation Edition from Microsoft.com in ISO form and burned a CD using Nero 7. I have tried to install the program, but I keep getting the error:

"the procedure entry point_create_locale could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR80.dll"

I have tried to reinstall Native Client and Setup Support Files with no effect... I have .NET 2.0 installed along with VB Express 2005 and VWB Express 2005... I am running on Windows XP Home SP2.

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it... I am stuck and can't get any work done until I get this program installed...

You need to look at the setup logs for context. They're located here:

%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG

If you can find where the error occurs you may see more info on what's going on and that should help figure out what to do next. If you can't figure it out, post a link to the log files here and someone will take a look.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment