Friday, February 24, 2012

Installation in Server

Hi,
I have reports which need public access.
I have a web application in 1 server which has public access.Database in 1 Server and the Reporting Services in another server(Database and Reporting Services are behind the firewall).I have links in my webapplication which will create pdf's and excels using reporting services.
Right now inside the network everything works perfectly fine.I access the databse and Reports using IP address(internal) of the servers.
When I try to access the application through the internet I cannot open the reports bcoz the IP addresses provided are internal ones and cannot be used outside firewall.I don't want to open up my database and Reporting services server to the public.
How can I go about it?
Pls help.You have to use Forms Authentication for Reporting Services to able to do
that..
Check this page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/ufairs.asp
"Sudha" <Sudha@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BA8A7E9C-33F6-4FE7-B12B-6C4E93BE5E28@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have reports which need public access.
> I have a web application in 1 server which has public access.Database in 1
Server and the Reporting Services in another server(Database and Reporting
Services are behind the firewall).I have links in my webapplication which
will create pdf's and excels using reporting services.
> Right now inside the network everything works perfectly fine.I access the
databse and Reports using IP address(internal) of the servers.
> When I try to access the application through the internet I cannot open
the reports bcoz the IP addresses provided are internal ones and cannot be
used outside firewall.I don't want to open up my database and Reporting
services server to the public.
> How can I go about it?
> Pls help.

No comments:

Post a Comment