Friday, February 24, 2012

Installation fails for SQL Server 2000

I have attempted to install SQL Server 2000 as the default
instance. Maybe, it is because I attempt to install via
Remote Access.
In this way, I terminate the task. However, I am not able
to remove the default instance (That is terminated before)
AND when I attempt to install again, it asks me to create
a new instance.
Would it be possible for me to remove the corrupted
default instance and install it again ?
ThanksPeter
In Add/Remove programs (Control Panel) you can uninstall SQL Server , can't
you?
"Peter" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:072701c5b1da$cf5d43f0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
>I have attempted to install SQL Server 2000 as the default
> instance. Maybe, it is because I attempt to install via
> Remote Access.
> In this way, I terminate the task. However, I am not able
> to remove the default instance (That is terminated before)
> AND when I attempt to install again, it asks me to create
> a new instance.
> Would it be possible for me to remove the corrupted
> default instance and install it again ?
> Thanks|||Hi,
Restart ur machine and try to unstall sql server.
else u can go to control panal remove /add programes and remove sql
server.
or u can over write a new installation on ur previous installation
hope this helps u
from
doller|||I am not able to uninstall SQL Server via Remove / Add programmes.
I have attempted to run setup.exe and try the uninstall option but it still
doesn't work.
Thanks
"doller" <sufianarif@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1125901237.773629.261220@.g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> Restart ur machine and try to unstall sql server.
> else u can go to control panal remove /add programes and remove sql
> server.
> or u can over write a new installation on ur previous installation
> hope this helps u
> from
> doller
>

No comments:

Post a Comment