Friday, February 24, 2012

Installation issue

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one. I'm getting an error when I
try to install rs developer edition on my box. The message is "could not
start the reportserver service on Local Computer Error 193: 0xc1" I had a
previous version of rs (rs evaluation edition) prior to this. All other
components seem to install correctly. The rs service will just not start.
Any help you can provide would be greated appreciated.
ThanksError 193 is:
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
I wonder if your .Net framework is not working correctly? Can you run other
.Net apps?
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"J. Gonzalez" <JGonzalez@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DEFE0908-8928-48D0-B850-A5DB134E58D8@.microsoft.com...
> Hi everyone,
> I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one. I'm getting an error when
I
> try to install rs developer edition on my box. The message is "could not
> start the reportserver service on Local Computer Error 193: 0xc1" I had a
> previous version of rs (rs evaluation edition) prior to this. All other
> components seem to install correctly. The rs service will just not start.
> Any help you can provide would be greated appreciated.
> Thanks|||I think the problem lies in the fact that there is a previous version of
Reporting services on there. When I try to install RS it fails when it tries
to start the ReportService windows service. The error says that I don't have
the appropriate permissions to start the service. Since it's a testing box,
I made myself as an administrator and still got the same message. Everything
else seems to be running fine.
Thanks
J.D.
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> Error 193 is:
> %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
> I wonder if your .Net framework is not working correctly? Can you run other
> ..Net apps?
>
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "J. Gonzalez" <JGonzalez@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:DEFE0908-8928-48D0-B850-A5DB134E58D8@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one. I'm getting an error when
> I
> > try to install rs developer edition on my box. The message is "could not
> > start the reportserver service on Local Computer Error 193: 0xc1" I had a
> > previous version of rs (rs evaluation edition) prior to this. All other
> > components seem to install correctly. The rs service will just not start.
> >
> > Any help you can provide would be greated appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment