Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation Error

I am installing Reporting Services on a Domain Controller,
Windows Server 2003. The database needs to be a remote
database. I am using a sql server login that is a dbowner
of the master database. I keep getting an error when it
tries to configure the databases. In the error log it
says that "ReportServer" database can not be created.
I get error "1603" and then it rollsback the installation.
Please Help!You might be running into the issue where SQL has no default path for
creating DBs. Check on the properties tab for the SQL server instance you
are installing to. Under Database Settings is a place to put a default
path. You can also pass the location in on the command line using:
RSDATABASEFILELOCATION and RSDATABASELOGFILELOCATION.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Marcia Gorby" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:338001c47112$b5a13ed0$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> I am installing Reporting Services on a Domain Controller,
> Windows Server 2003. The database needs to be a remote
> database. I am using a sql server login that is a dbowner
> of the master database. I keep getting an error when it
> tries to configure the databases. In the error log it
> says that "ReportServer" database can not be created.
> I get error "1603" and then it rollsback the installation.
> Please Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment