Friday, February 24, 2012

Installation Issue

I have a test server that is a domain controller.
It is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise.
Running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise with SP3a and hotfix 859.
I installed Reporting Services successfully.
Due to machine configuration changes, I uninstalled reporting services.
I have not been able to put it back on - its really strange - I get the
dialog box that says it successfully installed the SQL Server Reporting
Services Setup Support Files. When I click the Next button nothing happens.
If I reboot the machine and log back in as Administrator, I get the Error
Report dialog:
SQL Server Setup encountered an error and needed to close.
Of course, I choose "Send" to send the error report.
What I would like to do is generate an install log, to see why it is dying.
Can anyone tell me what command-line switch I can use to pass to the
setup.exe to put the log file, say on the c:\msi.log location?
=-ChrisTry using /lfarmviewcup <filelocation>
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"msnews.microsoft.com" <someone@.someplace.com> wrote in message
news:una7vTIrEHA.376@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I have a test server that is a domain controller.
> It is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise.
> Running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise with SP3a and hotfix 859.
> I installed Reporting Services successfully.
> Due to machine configuration changes, I uninstalled reporting services.
> I have not been able to put it back on - its really strange - I get the
> dialog box that says it successfully installed the SQL Server Reporting
> Services Setup Support Files. When I click the Next button nothing
happens.
> If I reboot the machine and log back in as Administrator, I get the Error
> Report dialog:
> SQL Server Setup encountered an error and needed to close.
> Of course, I choose "Send" to send the error report.
> What I would like to do is generate an install log, to see why it is
dying.
> Can anyone tell me what command-line switch I can use to pass to the
> setup.exe to put the log file, say on the c:\msi.log location?
> =-Chris
>
>|||Thanks for replying Daniel, this did not produce a log file at all.
I used this:
Setup.exe /lfarmviewcup c:\setupmsi.log
Any other suggestions?
=-Chris
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" <danreib@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:#VFkTZVrEHA.1296@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Try using /lfarmviewcup <filelocation>
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
> "msnews.microsoft.com" <someone@.someplace.com> wrote in message
> news:una7vTIrEHA.376@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > I have a test server that is a domain controller.
> > It is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise.
> > Running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise with SP3a and hotfix 859.
> >
> > I installed Reporting Services successfully.
> >
> > Due to machine configuration changes, I uninstalled reporting services.
> >
> > I have not been able to put it back on - its really strange - I get the
> > dialog box that says it successfully installed the SQL Server Reporting
> > Services Setup Support Files. When I click the Next button nothing
> happens.
> >
> > If I reboot the machine and log back in as Administrator, I get the
Error
> > Report dialog:
> >
> > SQL Server Setup encountered an error and needed to close.
> >
> > Of course, I choose "Send" to send the error report.
> >
> > What I would like to do is generate an install log, to see why it is
> dying.
> > Can anyone tell me what command-line switch I can use to pass to the
> > setup.exe to put the log file, say on the c:\msi.log location?
> >
> > =-Chris
> >
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment