Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation Error

After I uninstalled Reporting Services (which it was working just fine) and
to reinstall it, the setup screen for installing SQL Server Reporting
Services Setup Support Files completes successfully. When I click the Next
button nothing happens.
If I go to the event viewer, I get this:
Faulting application SETUP.EXE, version 2000.80.743.0, faulting module
sqlspars.dll, version 2000.80.743.0, fault address 0x00059cf8.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Any ideas? I turned on logging by doing this:
setup.exe /l*v setupmsi.log
and no log file was generated. Does anyone know what else I can try to get
this thing installed? I hope to god I don't have to rebuild my server. So
far, I have 3 servers that I cannot get reporting services installed on
since I have "screwed the pooch" on this by uninstalling RS - and now I
cannot put them back on. The development team is breathing down my neck on
this.
=-ChrisI apologize for the duplicate postings. I couldn't see this post and thought
that it didn't go through.
"Christopher Conner" wrote:
> After I uninstalled Reporting Services (which it was working just fine) and
> to reinstall it, the setup screen for installing SQL Server Reporting
> Services Setup Support Files completes successfully. When I click the Next
> button nothing happens.
> If I go to the event viewer, I get this:
> Faulting application SETUP.EXE, version 2000.80.743.0, faulting module
> sqlspars.dll, version 2000.80.743.0, fault address 0x00059cf8.
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> Any ideas? I turned on logging by doing this:
> setup.exe /l*v setupmsi.log
> and no log file was generated. Does anyone know what else I can try to get
> this thing installed? I hope to god I don't have to rebuild my server. So
> far, I have 3 servers that I cannot get reporting services installed on
> since I have "screwed the pooch" on this by uninstalling RS - and now I
> cannot put them back on. The development team is breathing down my neck on
> this.
> =-Chris
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment