Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation Error: Error performing inpage operation

Hi All,
I un-installed existing SQL Server 2000 on my PC (Windows XP Pro), and when
I try to reinstall I am getting the following error
Setup Initialization Error - Error performing inpage operation
I tried to remove all instances of SQL Server from my PC, and still the
installation did not work.
Could anybody help me identifying the cause.
Awaiting your expertise.
ThanksHi
Try copying the CD to your local drive and running setup from there. This
error is usually caused when a read error occurs on transferring data
between a drive and RAM.
If it occurs during the file copy, you have either a bad CD or a CD faulty
drive.
Regards
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Reilly" <Reilly@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1840BBF3-EBAF-4F3E-8B00-8CFF47B87BDB@.microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I un-installed existing SQL Server 2000 on my PC (Windows XP Pro), and
when
> I try to reinstall I am getting the following error
> Setup Initialization Error - Error performing inpage operation
> I tried to remove all instances of SQL Server from my PC, and still the
> installation did not work.
> Could anybody help me identifying the cause.
> Awaiting your expertise.
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment