Friday, February 24, 2012

Installation Issue

I have installed SQL Reporting in the default web site and added a virtual
directorys (same names) pointing to the same Reporting Services folders in
a virtual web (external DNS; I don't open the root to internet access). I've
tried using both the default app pool and the virtual web app pool. When I
try to browse from the internet, I get a blank screen when I use anonymous
access. When I use windows logon, I get repeated prompts (3) and then access
denied.
1) What might be causing the blank screen in IE under anonymous?
2) How do I reference the SQL reporting in a virtual web for internet access
when it is installed in the default web site? Can I reference the same
application in multiple virtual web sites?
3) What might be causing the windows logon to fail?
Any help will be appreciated.
DanHello,
Install a virtutal web site and add a new virutal directory to the original
folder is not officially support. However, you can refer to the following
article:
Moving Reporting Services' Virtual Directories
http://www.sqljunkies.com/HowTo/525B575A-7F61-483A-AC8F-FEC700C34674.scuk
Windows authentication is not supported via Internet because Kerbose/NTLM
authentication need open too many ports via firewall which is not proper
for security purpose.
If you want to enable anonymous access, you need to configure via report
manager to enable Iusr_<computername> account to have the proper permssion
to the proper roles such as browser/content manager etc.
I hope the information is helpful.
Sophie Guo
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
=====================================================When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment