Friday, February 24, 2012

installation issue

I am having with installation of Work Station Components.

I am getting this error;

Microsoft.SqlServer.MonitorFramework.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.

--
Machine : SERVER173
Product : Workstation Components, Books Online and Development Tools
Error : Error writing to file: Microsoft.SqlServer.MonitorFramework.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.
--
Machine : SERVER173
Product : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools
Product Version : 9.00.1399.06
Install : Failed
Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0004_SERVER173_Tools.log
Last Action : InstallFinalize
Error String : Error writing to file: Microsoft.SqlServer.MonitorFramework.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.
Error Number : 1304

I had the same errror installing Work Station Components on a Windows 2003 server.

I was installing SQL Server 2005 from an ISO image on the hard disk. I burned the image on a DVD and then I reinstalled "Work Station Conponent" without error.

No comments:

Post a Comment