Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation Error:Setting File Security

I am trying to install Enterprise RS on a server running Server 2000.
The server also has Microsoft's CRM on it as well.
Visual Studio is not installed so I get a warning that says it will not
Report Designer which is fine. I use the built-in account NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the ReportServer service to run on because that is
the only option (and it is grayed out). At the bottom of the window
there is a line that says
Account: registy:HKLM\Software\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG,userName
I mention this because it is part of my error.
I use ReportServer and Rpt for the Report Server and Report Manager
virtual directories. I can't use the default "Reports" because the CRM
already uses that.
When it installs, I get this error:
Failure modifying security permissions on file
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\TemporaryASP.NET Files for
user
registy:HKLM\Software\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG,userName
I click OK and the Setup screen says this:
An error has occured ...
Setting File Security
Error Code: 1603
I then have to cancel the installation and it backs out of the setup.
I've tried everyting I can think of to no avail. Does anyone have any
ideas or has anyone installed RS on the same server as MS CRM? Thanks.I believe the problem is your machine is storing it's ASP.Net account in the
registry rather then in the file. RS Setup does not support this. To get
around this you need to place the ASP.Net credential back in the
machine.config file and then run setup. Once setup completes you can change
the setting back to the registry. Make sure to use the same account in the
config file that you plan on using in the registry. If you don't you will
want to run rskeymgmt -d after you change the asp.net user account back to
the registry.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"dct" <kev.mcmahon@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1106169110.720913.28880@.z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I am trying to install Enterprise RS on a server running Server 2000.
> The server also has Microsoft's CRM on it as well.
> Visual Studio is not installed so I get a warning that says it will not
> Report Designer which is fine. I use the built-in account NT
> AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the ReportServer service to run on because that is
> the only option (and it is grayed out). At the bottom of the window
> there is a line that says
> Account: registy:HKLM\Software\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG,userName
> I mention this because it is part of my error.
> I use ReportServer and Rpt for the Report Server and Report Manager
> virtual directories. I can't use the default "Reports" because the CRM
> already uses that.
> When it installs, I get this error:
> Failure modifying security permissions on file
> C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\TemporaryASP.NET Files for
> user
> registy:HKLM\Software\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG,userName
> I click OK and the Setup screen says this:
> An error has occured ...
> Setting File Security
> Error Code: 1603
> I then have to cancel the installation and it backs out of the setup.
> I've tried everyting I can think of to no avail. Does anyone have any
> ideas or has anyone installed RS on the same server as MS CRM? Thanks.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment