Friday, February 24, 2012

Installation Issue

Hi,
I am Installing Reporting services enterprise Version On Windows 2000 Server
with SP4. The Installtion went smooth except at the finish dialog it gave me
the Warning message "Setup could not initialize the Report server. you must
manually initialize the report server"
My reportserver services shows started in the services window.
I tried running
"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i . which
upated the framework succesfully.
Also the ASPNet user has the read/write permission on the Temporary ASP.NET
files folder.
I also ran rsactivate.exe successfully.
I also ran rsconfig.exe successfully.
I have given ASPNET user the Admin rights as well as It has the read/write
rights over the Asp.NET temporary files folder.
I have all the servers on the same machine.
Inspite of all these exercises when I browse for the http:\\Localhost page
it gives me Application error with message "Access denied to 'c:\inetpub'.
Failed to start monitoring file changes. "
Any suggestions please !!!
Thanks in advance.
siajHey ..
I solved the problem...
I uninstalled the Reporting services and reinstalled it with two change
a. I installed it on the F; drive instead of the rot drive C
The Instalation went on successfullly but again I got the same warning to
start the services manually.
b. Then I added read/write rights to the ASPNET user over the INETPUB folder.
(I think this worked out my problem)
Now I can browse on the http:\\localhost\reportserver
Cheers,
siaj
"siaj" wrote:
> Hi,
> I am Installing Reporting services enterprise Version On Windows 2000 Server
> with SP4. The Installtion went smooth except at the finish dialog it gave me
> the Warning message "Setup could not initialize the Report server. you must
> manually initialize the report server"
> My reportserver services shows started in the services window.
>
> I tried running
> "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i . which
> upated the framework succesfully.
> Also the ASPNet user has the read/write permission on the Temporary ASP.NET
> files folder.
>
> I also ran rsactivate.exe successfully.
> I also ran rsconfig.exe successfully.
> I have given ASPNET user the Admin rights as well as It has the read/write
> rights over the Asp.NET temporary files folder.
> I have all the servers on the same machine.
>
> Inspite of all these exercises when I browse for the http:\\Localhost page
> it gives me Application error with message "Access denied to 'c:\inetpub'.
> Failed to start monitoring file changes. "
>
> Any suggestions please !!!
> Thanks in advance.
> siaj

No comments:

Post a Comment